1)The most controversial amendment passed during the emergency was—
2) What is the scientific name of National Bird-Peacock of India?
a) Pavo Cristatus
b) Cuculidae Cuculiformer
c) Corvours Corone
d) Phaethontidae Psittaciformes
3) Which among the following countries was the earliest to give women the right to vote?
4) English is the official language of which one of the following Indian State?
5) When was the Anti-defection Act was passed?
a) January 17, 1985
b) February 15, 1985
c) March 30, 1985
d) April 21, 1985
6) The Constitutional Amendment by which the age for voting has been revised from 21 years to 18 years is:
7)Who is the Chairman of Second Administrative Reforms Commission?
a) Bimal Jalan
b) Karan Singh
c) M. Veerappa Moliy
d) Ahmed Patel
8) Which of the following Indian States has no Panchayat Raj institution?
9) The Chairman of Public Accounts Committee is :
(a) elected by Union Cabinet
(b) appointed by Speaker
(c) appointed by President
(d) elected by members of PAC
10) Which of the following Parliamentary Committees in India acts as ‘watch-dog’ on departmental expenditure and irregularities?
(a) Estimates Committee
(b) Committee on Public Undertakings
(c) Public Accounts Committee
(d) Committee of Public Assurances
11) Which of the following statements regarding the Esstimates Committee are correct?
1. No member of the Rajya Sabha is associated with it.
2. It has twenty members.
3. Its members are elected in accordance with the system of proportional representation for a period of one year.
4. The Speaker nominates one of its members to be its Chairman.
(a) I, II and III
(b) I, III and IV
(c) I, II and IV
(d) II, III and IV
12) Under a single, integrated, hierarchial judicial system, the High Courts in the States are directly under the:
(b) Governor of the State
(c) Union Parliament
(d) Supreme Court
13) Which of the following writs is issued by the court in case of illegal detention of a person?
(a) Habeas Corpus
(d) Quo Warranto
14) The age of retirement of the Judges of the High Court is :
(a) 62 years
(b) 65 years
(c) 58 years
(d) 60 years
15) A Judge of the Supreme Court of India is to hold office until he attains the age of:
(a) 58 years
(b) 60 years
(c) 62 years
(d) 65 years
16) When can the salaries of the judges of the Supreme Court be reduced during their term of office?
(a) If the Parliament passes a bill to this effect
(b) During a Financial Emergency
(c) As and when the President desires
17) The salary and allowances of the Governor are charged to :
(a) Consolidated Fund of the State
(b) Consolidated Fund of India
(c) Contingency Fund of India
(d) ‘a’ and ‘b’ in equal proportion
18) The special status of Jammu and Kashmir implies the State has:
(a) a separate Defence Force
(b) a separate Constitution
(c) a separature Judiciary
(d) All of the above
19) If in an election to a State Legislative Assembly the candidate who is declared elected loses his deposit, it means that:
(a) the polling was very poor
(b) the election was for a multi- member constituency
(c) the elected candidate’s victory over his nearest rival was very marginal
(d) a very large number of candidates contested the election
20) Membership of the legislative Assembly can vary between 60 and 500, but the exception to this rule is/are found in :
(a) I and II
(b) II and III
(c) II only
(d) I, II and III