1)Fiscal Policy in India is formulated by—
a) The Reserve Bank of India
b) The Planning Commission
c) The Finance Ministry
d) The Securities and Exchange Boards of India
2) In which of the following years was General Agreement on Tarriffs and Trade ( GATT) absorbed into the World Trade Organization (WTO) ?
3) The functions of the Lead Bank are performed by:
a) State Bank of India
b) Reserve Bank of India
c) Any Bank
d) A Bank designed for this purpose
4) Which of the following organizations is NOT associated with the financial banking sector in India?
5) India has:
(a) Socialistic economy
(b) Gandhian economy
(c) Mixed economy
(d) Free economy
6) Match the following :
Five Year Plan Emphasis
A. First 1. Food Security and women empowerment
B. Second 2. Heavy industries
C. Fifth 3. Agriculture and community development
D. Ninth 4. Removal of poverty
A B C D
(a) 1 2 4 3
(b) 3 2 4 1
(c) 1 4 2 3
(d) 3 4 2 1
7) Persons below the poverty line in India are classified as such based on whether:
(a) they are entitled to a minimum prescribed food basket
(b) they get work for a prescribed minimum number of days in a year
(c) they belong to agricultural labourer household and the scheduled caste/tribe social group
(d) their daily wages fall below the prescribed minimum wages
8) Which of the following is NOT an economic empowerment scheme launched by the Govt. of India for the benefit of various sections of society?
9) Under Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme (lGNOAPS), the benefits are available to the people having minimum age of ____
(a) 50 years
(b) 55 years
(c) 65 years
(d) 60 years
10) Of the various ways of financing government’s investment expenditure, the least inflationary is :
(b) deficit financing
(d) public borrowing
11) Money Laundering normally involves:
a) placement of funds
b) layering of funds
c) integaration of funds
d) none of a, b and c
12) Under which Five Year Plan Agriculture register a negative growth?
13) The fertile land between two rivers is called:
b) Water divide
14) The largest Public Sector Bank in India is:
(a) Central Bank
(b) State Bank of India
(c) Punjab National Bank
(d) Indian Overseas Bank
15) Debenture holders of a company are its:
16) Which of the following is not an asset held by commercial banks?
(a) Bills of exchange
(b) Current account deposits
(c) Credit balances with the Reserve Bank
(d) Money lent at short notice
17) Who amongst the following was never a Governor of the RBI ?
(a) Bimal Jalan
(b) Y. V. Reddy
(c) Arup Roy Choudhury
(d) C. Rangarajan
18) Which of the following is not sponsor of newly established UTI-II?
(a) Punjab National Bank
(b) General Insurance Corporation
(c) Life Insurance Corporation of India
(d) State Bank of India
19) With reference to BRIC countries, consider the following statements:
1. At present, China’s GDP is more than the combined GDP of all the three other countries.
2. China’s population is more than the combined population of any two other countries.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
20) Which of the following statements regarding Indian agriculture is correct?
(a) It contributes nearly 25 per cent of the GDP
(b) India has the least area in the world under pulse crops
(c) The share of foodgrains in gross cropped area has increased since independence
(d) Agriculture accounts for twenty per cent of India’s exports