1)Which one of the following is false ?
a) The federal list, under the act of 1935, had 54 items
b) The provincial list, under the Act of 1935, had 59 items
c) The concurrent list, under the Act of 1935, had 35 items
d) There was a mention of the residuary powers under the Governor-General
2)Who among the following Governor-Generals created the covenanted Civil Service of India which later came to be known as the Indian Civil Service ?
a) Warren Hastings
d) William Bentinck
3) The Constituent Assembly of India which drafted the Indian Constitution was set up under
(a) the Cripps Mission Plan
(b) the Cabinet Mission Plan
(c) the Indian Independence Act
(d) Lord Mountabatten’s notification dated 12th August 1946
4) State Governors are responsible for their actions to the
(a) Lok Sabha
(b) State Legislature
(d) Prime Minister
5) Which of the following is a Union Territory of India?
(c) Himachal Pradesh
(e) West Bengal
6) Who among the following is/are not appointed by a State Governor?
(a) Chief Minister
(b) Members of the State Public Service Commission
(c) High Court Judges
(d) Advocate General
7) The two nominated Anglo-Indians in the House of the People represent a population of about
(a) 1 lakh
(c) 2 lakhs
(d) 3 lakhs
8) The Legislative Assembly of Jammu and Kashmir consists of _____ members chosen by direct election and _____ women members nominated by the Governor.
(a) 100, 2
(b) 60, 3
(c) 120, 2
(d) 90, 3
9) January 26 was selected as the date for the commencement of the constitution beasure
a) The Congress had observed it as the Independence Day in 1930
b) On that day the Quit India Movement was started in 1942
c) It was considered to be an auspicious day
d) None of the above
10) The Constitution of India is republican because it
a) Provides for an elected Parliament
b) Provides for adult franchise
c) Contains a bill of rights
d) Has no hereditary elements
11) The design of National Flag was adopted by the Constituent Assembly of India in :
a) July, 1948
b) July, 1950
c) July, 1947
d) August, 1947
12) The State Constitution of Jammu and Kashmir declares the State to be ______ of the Union of India.
(a) a natural part
(b) a full- fledged territory
(c) an integral part
(d) popular entity
13) The Attorney General for India holds office during the pleasure of the
(a) Union Law Minister
(b) Prime Minister
(c) Chief Justice of India
(d) President of India
14) The Constitution of India borrowed the scheme of Indian Federation from the Constitution of:
15) Which among the following does not fall within the jurisdiction of the Indian Parliament?
(a) Foreign pilgrimage
(b) Consideration of Money Bills
(c) Consideration of Ordinary Bills
(d) Fundamental Rights and Duties
16) Which among the following functions under the principle of collective responsibility?
(a) Union Parliament
(b) Lok Sabha
(c) Supreme Court of India
(d) Union Council of Ministers
17) The _____ on the advice of the Comptroller and Auditor General prescribes the form in which the accounts of the Union and of the State are to be kept.
(a) Union Finance Minister
(b) Prime Minister
(c) Cabinet Secretary
18) which of the following exercise the most profound influence in framing the Indian Constitution ?
a) British constitution
b) US Constitution
c) Irish Constitution
d) The Government of India Act, 1935
19) Which of the following two words were added in chronological order to the Preamble through 42nd Amendment ?
a) Secular and Socialist
b) Socialist and Secular
c) Socialist and Sovereign
d) Sovereign and Secular
20) The concept of Public Interest Litigation originated in
(a) The United Kingdom
(b) The USA