1)The Finance Commission is constituted under Article …….. of the Constitution of India .
d) None of these
2) Which is the only Indian State which has the unique distinction of having its own Constitution?
(c) Jammu and Kashmir
3) Members of the Lok Sabha are elected for a term of five years, but the term can be extended by year(s) by Parliament in a National Emergency.
4) The Chief Justice or other Judges of the Supreme Court, after retirement or removal, are not permitted to plead or act in any court
(a) other than the Supreme Court
(b) or before any authority within the territory of India
(c) inside or outside India
(d) other than the State High Courts
5) The Representation of the Peoples Act was passed by Parliament in
6) The annual report of the UPSC is submitted to :
a) The President
b) The Supreme Court
c) The Prime Minister
d) The Chairman of the Union Public Service Commission
7) Five Year Plan in India is finally approved by :
a) Union Cabinet
b) President on the advice of Prime Minister
c) Planning Commission
d) National Development Council
8) By which act was the Public Service Commission established for the first time in India ?
a) Indian Council Act, 1892
b) Indian Council Act, 1909
c) Government of India Act, 1919
d) Government of India Act, 1935
9) What is the minimum age prescribed in India for its citizens to cast their vote ?
a) 16 years
b) 18 years
c) 20 years
d) 21 years
10) To be a regional party, the minimum percentage of votes that a party needs to secure in any election is :
11) With what subject to the article 5 to 11 of the constitution of India deal ?
a) Indian Union and Territory
c) Fundamental Duties
d) Union Executive
12) Which among the following is not a Fundamental Right?
(a) Right of strike
(b) Right to equality
(c) Right to freedom of religion
(d) Right to constitutional remedies
13) When the office of the President and Vice-President fall vacant simultaneously who acts as President?
(a) Prime Minister
(b) Chief Justice of India
(c) Speaker of the Lok Sabha
(d) Chief of Army Staff
14) The term of office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India is
(a) 4 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 6 years
(d) 7 years
15) The Speaker of the Lok Sabha will address his letter of resignation to the
(b) Prime Minister
(c) Deputy Speaker
(d) Minister for Parliamentary Affairs
16) The Indian National Congress lost power at the Centre in the general elections held in
17) The Union Food Minister who had earned the sobriquet “Famine Minister” was
(a) KM Munshi
(b) Rafi Abmed Kidwai
(c) NG Ayyangar
(d) Raj Kumari Amrit Kaur
18) Power, authority and responsibilities of municipalities are listed in which one of the following schedules of the Constitution of India ?
19) The method of Constitutional is provided in :
a) Article 348
b) Article 358
c) Article 368
d) Article 378
20) If the same person is elected to both a Parliamentary seat and a seat in a State Legislature and if he does not resign his seat in the State Legislature before a specified period
(a) his seat in the State Legislature will become vacant
(b) his seat in Parliament will become vacant
(c) both the seats will become vacant
(d) he may be debarred from contesting elections in the future