1)…….is also called ‘sunrise’ industry:
2) In Indian, liberal Industrial Policy was adopted in the year:
3) Since when disinvestment started in public enterprises?
4) Which of the following is NOT a part of Indian’s Money Market?
b) Call Money Market
d) Indian Gold Council
5) Which of the following cannot called a Debt Instrument as referred in financial transactions?
a) Certificate of Deposits
d) Commercial Papers
6) 70% of working population of India is engaged in:
(a) public sector
(b) primary sector
(c) secondary sector
(d) tertiary sector
7) Who wrote the book ‘Planned Economy for India’?
(a) M. Visvesvaraya
(b) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
(c) Jawaharlal Nehru
(d) Mahatma Gandhi
8) Consider the following statements in respect of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005 :
1. Under the provisions of the Act, 100 days of employment in a year to every household
whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work has become a fundamental
2. Under the provisions of the Act, women are to get priority to the extent that one-half of persons who are given employment are women who have asked for work. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 and 2
9) Which of the following is the amount of Insurance cover provided to the workers of the unorganized sector under Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana ?
a) Rs. 10,0007
b) Rs. 20,0007
c) Rs. 30,0007
d) Rs. 40,0007
10) Which of these programs has not been included in the Swarna Jayanti Swarozgar
11) Which of the following are definite implications of a fall in inflation?
1. Prices have fallen
2. Prices are increasing more slowly than before
3. Food supply has increased
4. There is industrial stagnation
(a) 1 and 3
(b) 1 only
(c) 2 only
(d) 1, 3 and 4
12) Treasury bills are sold in India by:
a) Reserve Bank of India
b) State Governments
c) Commercial Banks
13) In which one of the following places was Asia’s first Export Processing Zone (EPZ) set up?
d) Santa Cruz
14) Consider the following events:
1. Conversion of Imperial Bank of India into S.B.I.
2. Establishment of NABARD
3. Setting up of RRBs
4. Nationalization of R.B.I.
The correct chronological sequence of these events is :
(a) 4, 1, 2, 3
(b) 4, 1, 3, 2
(c) 1, 4, 3, 2
(d) 1, 4, 2, 3
15) The number of Banks nationalized since 1969 is :
16) Which of the following are referred to as the developed economies?
(a) Countries earning huge industrial profits
(b) Countries proficient in trade and export
(c) Countries having large per capita income
(d) Countries advanced in technology
17) To know whether the rich are getting richer and the poor getting poorer, it is necessary to compare;
(a) the availability of foodgrains among two sets of people, one rich and the other poor, over different periods of time
(b) the distribution of income of an identical set of income recipients in different periods of time
(c) the wholesale price index over different periods of time for different regions
(d) the distribution of income of different sets of income recipients at a point of time
18) A ‘want’ become a ‘demand’ only when it is backed by the:
a) Ability to purchase
b) Necessity to buy
c) Desire to buy
d) Utility of the product
19) Which of the following agencies has the power to declare any industrial unit as a potentially sick unit?
20) Which of the following statements regarding the iron and steel plants at Bhilai, Rourkela and Durgapur are correct?
1. These plants were established in public sector during the Second Five Year Plan
2. These are located in the steel raw material belt
3. These were established with the help from Britain, Soviet Union and West Germany respectively
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 2 and 3
(c) 1 and 3
(d) 2 and 3