1)Who amongst the following are the most literate in India as per 2001 Census?
2) Nuclear energy is a mineral0-based energy source.it is derived from:
d) All of these
3) The train service Thar Express between India and Pakistan, originates in India from:
4) Which is NOT the Economic Infrastructure?
c) Education and Health
5) The growth rate of agricultural production was negative in the:
(a) First Plan
(b) Second Plan
(c) Third Plan
(d) Fourth Plan
6) In the context of India’s Five Year Plans, a shift in the pattern of industrialization, with lower emphasis on heavy industries and more on infrastructure begins in
(a) fourth Plan
(b) sixth Plan
(c) eighth Plan
(d) tenth Plan
7) Which one of the following is a revamp of the Integrated Rural Development Program?
(a) Jawahar Gram Samridhi Yojana
(b) Community-based Pro-poor Initiative
(c) Swarnajayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana
(d) National Social Assistance Program
8) What is the minimum calorie intake decided by the Planning Commission for rural and urban areas, respectively ?
(a) 2400 and 2100
(b) 2100and 2400
(c) 2400 and 2200
(d) 2100 and 2200
9) Poverty in less developed countries is largely due to
(a) voluntary idleness
(b) income inequality
(c) lack of cultural activities
(d) lack of intelligence of the people
10)Which of the following is NOT a component of Bharat Nirman Program?
a) Agro-based industries
b) Rural electrification
c) Rural housing
d) Rural telephony
11) Which of the following is project to develop watersheds in India?
13) Inflation is caused as a result of:
(a) increase in money supply
(b) fall in production
(c) increase in money supply without a corresponding increase in production
(d) decrease in money supply without a corresponding decrease in production
14) To meet the growing needs for coins in the country, where does the Government propose to set up another mint?
15) In India, the first bank of limited liability managed by Indians and founded in 1881 was:
(a) Hindustan Commercial Bank
(b) Oudh Commercial Bank
(c) Punjab National Bank
(d) Punjab and Sind Bank
16) EXIM Bank was set-up in :
17) Rate of growth of an economy is measured in terms of:
(a) per capita income
(b) industrial development
(c) number of people who have been lifted above the poverty line
(d) national income
18) The largest importer country of Indian textile is :
19) Which one among the following is not a clause of World Trade Organization?
(a) Most favoured nation. treatment
(b) Lowering trade barriers with negotiations
(c) Providing financial support to the countries having deficit balance of payments
(d) Discouraging unfair trade practices such as antidumping and export subsidies
20) The ‘Year of Great Divide’ refers to:
(a) rapid growth rate in population after 1921
(b) the declining sex ratio after 1921
(c) the slow-down in death rate after 1921
(d) all the above