1)Which of the following taxes is collected by the Government on sale of goods and service in the Country?
2) When was the Wealth tax first introduced in India?
3) Invisible export means export of :
b) Prohibited goods
c) Unrecorded goods
d) Goods through smuggling
4)Who is called the pioneer of liberalization of Indian economy?
a)Dr.Man Mohan Singh
b) P.V Narsimha Rao
5) Which among the following is the oldest Development Financial Institution of India?
6) In which year, some more commercial banks (in addition to the first lot of 14) were nationalized in India?
7) Which of the following is not required while computing Gross National Product (GNP)?
(a) Net foreign investment
(b) Private investment
(c) Per capita income of citizens
(d) Purchase of goods by government
8) Companies pay Corporation Tax on their:
(c) sales proceeds
9) Homogeneous product is a feature of:
a) Imperfect market
d) Perfect competition
10) Who said ‘Economics is the Science of Wealth’?
a) Adam Smith
11) Indian Railways revenue from:
(a) passenger fare
(c) traffic tax
(d) passenger tax
12) Under perfect competition:
(a) any firm can influence price in the market
(b) any firm can influence supply in the market
(c) any firm can influence price and supply in the market
(d) no firm can influence price and supply in the market
13) Which of the following names/terms is NOT associated with the World Trade Organization (WTO)?
14) Which one of the following is not a member of Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)?
15) Which one of the following is different from the others from the point of view of ownership?
(a) LIC Policy
(b) Bank Fixed Deposit
(c) Kisan Vikas Patra
(d) Debenture of a Company
16) What does S & P 500 relate to?
(b) A new technique in e-business
(c) A new technique in bridge building
(d) An index of stocks of large companies
17) FERA is India has been replaced by:
18) Which is known as the third pillar in international economic relation?
b) World Bank
19) Which is the highest bank in the banking structure of India?
a) State Bank of India
b) Central Bank of India
c) Industrial Development Bank of India
d) Reserve Bank of India
20) Who is the originator of Green Revolution in India?
(a) Norman E. Borlaug
(b) M.S. Swaminathan
(c) Garry Backer
(d) None of these