1)Which of the following is the most important component of the liabilities of commercial bank in India?
a) Demand deposits
b) Time deposits
c) Inter-bank liabilities
d) Other borrowings
2) Which of the following is NOT a speculator in the Stock Exchange?
3)The base of Consumer Price Index(CPI) for industrial workers has been shifted from 1982 to:
4) Which one of the following is the task of the Planning Commission?
(a) Preparation of the plan
(b) Implementation of the plan
(c) Financing of the plan
(d) Both (a) and (b)
5) India’s wage policy is based on :
(a) cost of living
(b) standard of living
(d) None of the above
6) The cause of inflation is:
(a) increase in money supply
(b) fall in production
(c) increase in money supply and fall in production
(d) decrease in money supply and fall in production
7) Who amongst the following is NOT an auto company?
b) General Motors
8)Which is the biggest enterprise of the Government of India?
a) Postal and Telegraph
9) Indian Pulse Research Institute is located in:
10) The number of Banks nationalised since 1969 is :
11) NABARD was established in the:
a) Fourth Five Year Plan
b) Fifth Five Year Plan
c) Sixth Five Year Plan
d) Eighth Five Year Plan
12) Grants or advances made by the House to enable the government to carry on until the voting of the demands for grants and passing of the General Appropriation Bill is called:
(a) vote on account
(b) complementary budget
(c) supplementary budget
(d) contingency budget
13) The tax whose share in overall taxation revenue has gone up rapidly during the planning period is :
(a) income tax
(b) wealth tax
(c) capital gains tax
(d) tax on production
14) Which Agriculture export item is second in case of India?
(a) Marine product
(d) Oil cake
15) The Chairman of the National Knowledge Commission is:
a) Rahul Gandhi
b) Rahul Bajaj
d) Sam Pitroda
16) When did India’s population touch 100 core mark?
c) May, 2002
d) May, 2003
17) The headquarters of World Trade Organisation is in : [CDS 2000]
(d) The Hague
18) Which one of the following is not related to United Nations?
(a) Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency
(b) International Finance Corporation
(c) International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes
(d) Bank for International Settlements
19) Ever greening of patents is done by
(a) citing another use of the same product
(b) citing another process of forming the same product
(c) applying for extension of patent term
(d) citing another product with same use
20) Tarapore Committee was associated with which one of the following?
(a) Special Economic Zones
(b) Fuller capital account convertibility
(c) Foreign exchange reserves
(d) Effect of oil-prices on the Indian economy