1)The entry ‘Public health and Sanitation’ is included in the Constitution of India in
a) Union List
b) State List
c) Concurrent List
d) None of these
2)The Programme Evaluation Organization is an integral part of the
a) National Development Council
b) Central Secretariat
c) Department of Public Enterprises
d) Planning Commission
3) Who among the following was the Chairman of the Union Constitution Committee of the Constituent Assembly?
(a) B.R. Ambedkar
(b) J.B. Kripalani
(c) Jawaharlal Nehru
(d) Alladi Krishnaswami Ayyar
4) Which subject was transferred from State List to Concurrent List by the 42nd Amendment of the Constitution?
d) Local Self Government
5) Which of the following are the principal features of Government of India Act, 1919?
1. Introduction of dyarchy in the executive government of the provinces.
2. Introduction of separate communal electorate for Muslims.
3. Devolution of legislative authority by the Centre to the Provinces.
4. Expansion and reconstitution of Central and Provincial Legislatures.
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 1, 2 and 4
(c) 2, 3 and 4
(d) 1, 3 and 4
6) Which of the following is not included in the state List in the constitution of India?
a) Law and Order
c) Criminal Procedure Code
7) Which of the following was an associate state of India before becoming a full fledged state?
8) The Cabinet Mission to India was headed by :
(a) Stafford Cripps
(b) A.V. Alexander
(c) Lord Pethick Lawrence
(d) Hugh Gaitskell
9) Who among the following was not a member of the Constituent Assembly?
(a) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
(b) Acharya J.B. Kriplani
(c) Lok Nayak Jayprakash Narayan
(d) K.M. Munshi
10) Under which Article of the Constitution of india,did the District Planning Committee come into existence?
a) Article 243-ZD
b) Article 243-ZE
c) Article 244-ZD
d) Article 242-ZD
11) Which is at the apex of the three tier system of Panchayati Raj?
a) Gram Sabha
b) Gram Panchaya
c) Zila Parishad
d) Panchayat Samiti
12)Which of the following is a source of income of the Gram Panchayats?
b) Sales Tax
c) Professional Tax
d) Levy Duties
13) Which one of the following Acts formally introduced the principles of elections for the first time?
(a) Indian Councils Act, 1909
(b) Government of India Act, 1919
(c) Government of India Act, 1935
(d) Indian Independence Act, 1947
14) Which of the following was not one of the features of Government of India Act, 1935 ?
(a) Provincial autonomy
(b) Dyarchy of centre
(c) Bicameral Legislature
(d) All India federation
15) Where was the First Municipal Corporation in India set up?
16) Which among the following is the 28th state of India?
17) Under whom among the following was the first draft of the Constitution of India prepared in October 1947 by the advisory branch of the office of the Constituent Assembly?
(a) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
(b) Jawaharlal Nehru
(c) K.M. Munshi
(d) B.N. Rau
18) Who among the following Chief Election Commissioners of India also served as first Chief Election Commissioner in Nepal and sudan?
a) Sukumar sen
b) KVK Sundaram
c) SP Sen Verma
d) Dr Nagendra Singh
19) Which of the following was adopted from the Maurya dynasty in the emblem of Government of India?
(a) Four lions
(b) Chariot wheel
(d) Words ‘Satyameva Jayate’
20) Which Amendment restored the power of judicial review to the Supreme Court and High Court after it was curtailed by the 42nd Amendment?